New plans for the Dormy Hotel
8 June 2011
New plans have been produced for the site of the former Dormy Hotel in Ferndown. The main amendments to the scheme are as follows:
- The Care Home has been reduced in footprint by about a third and now has a basement.
- The EMI block has been reduced in height from 4 storey to 2.5 storeys with basement.
- The Sheltered block has been moved further from the side boundary and from trees to its rear and reduced in bulk and height.
- The Hotel has been reduced to 74 Bed hotel. The 4th storey wing at the rear reduced to 3 storey and two towers reduced to 3 storeys.
- Minor changes to the houses, several dormer windows removed to reduce bulk and layout adjusted to improved landscape and access.
The main changes are shown on the layout plan. The floor plans and elevations of the Care Home, Sheltered Block, EMI block, Hotel and Houses show the changes to each. For information the number of bedrooms in each block are written on each floor plan. There is a copy of this at Planning Reception with the plans to assist the public.
To view online, please click here
MS Society – Craft Fayre
Sunday 16th September, 1.30pm to 4.30pm, entrance 50p, many Stalls, cakes, gifts, jewellery, tables £10, Kay 01202 570300
every Wednesday from 10am - 12 noon at the Parley Sports and Social Club. All residents and friends will be made very welcome.
West Parley Official Guide
The new Parish Guide is ready. . have a look!
You might also want this local map.
learn all about West Parley's history as you walk, it is well researched, informative, and has just been updated with lots of new historical information. . more
Parley Health Walks
every Wednesday 10am from the Parley Sports and Social Club, followed by coffee and biscuits! Lets get healthy and have some fun. . more
There's plenty going on in West Parley - click here for the latest.
to be updated (now and again but not daily!) on important news and events affecting West Parley. (Registering authorises WPPC to email you on this email address, in respect of all matters pertaining to West Parley, until you withdraw consent.)
Wed 5th September 2018, 7.30pm
MS Centre, Church Lane
Wed 19th September 2018, 7.30pm
MS Centre, Church Lane
Agendas / Minutes
Parish Council update for June 2017
Neighbourhood Watch newsletter for June 2018 - new!