West Parley Memorial Hall
Bookings for this Hall to be made through Mrs.Pamela Cooper (01202 873815).
West Parley Memorial Hall, a Charitable Trust, was opened on 30th May 1964 for the benefit of the community and local organisations. Since that time the Hall has been in constant use and its facilities have been enhanced to meet current requirements.
room for 250, ideal for any event
our much loved facility
It is administered by a management committee who endeavour to maintain a clean, bright and inviting venue, for a range of activities and events including dancing, anniversary parties, weddings, dog shows and meetings.
The Hall can accommodate around 250 people seated in theatre style for meetings and up to 150 seated at tables for social occasions and activities.
A large stage and a room at each side, which are used as committee meeting rooms, offer other alternatives. having an event?
birthday or anniversary?
the Memorial Hall is your ideal local venue!The Hall has a large kitchen, recently completely refurbished with all new kitchen units and appliances. The equipment includes gas cooker, microwave and water heater, together with cups and saucers and side plates sufficient for over hundred persons. Some cutlery at present is available. All items together with teapot and kettle are included in the hiring charges
Booking Officer, Mrs.Pamela Cooper (01202 873815)
Secretary, Mr.Gary Peskett email email@example.com
The Hall is centrally heated to allow all year usage without extra charge. Disabled facilities meet the current standard. Parking space allows around 50 cars to be accommodated with the possibility of overflow parking being arranged on private land close by at a reasonable charge. Use of the part of the recreation ground alongside the hall can probably be arranged with the Parish Council. Viewing can be arranged before a booking is made if required. For details of Memorial Hal committee meetings please click here. For an interesting history of our Hall please click here
Improvements to the Hall
New double glazed windows have now been installed throughout the hall. New iron railings have arrived awaiting installation across the Christchurch Road frontage. These are the first stages of our program for major renovation of this well used facility.
Regular events in the Hall
- Ballet for 2-3 year olds 9:30-10:00am
- Ballet for 3-5 year olds 10:15-11:00am - Hayley Green 07923 431683
- "Spiritos" Music for movement 60+ (1 until 6pm) - Mrs. P Baxter 01202 775634
- C&NF Canine Society Show training for dogs (7 until 11pm) - Mr G Peskett 01202 579394
- Cambridge Diet Clients (1 until 6pm) - Mrs P. Conway 01202 389474
- Table Dogs training for shows (first Tues in month: 6.30pm until 10pm) - Pauline Bevis
- Flower Arranging (second Tues in month: 6.30pm until 11pm) - Mrs J Paling 01202 873208
- B'mth & Dorset Beekeepers Assoc (Once a month: 6.30pm until 11pm) - Mr E Lutley 01202 886145
- West Parley Townswomen's Guild (first Weds each month: 9am until 1 pm) - Mrs N Small 01202 577766
- Marshal's Line Dancing (1 until 6pm) - Mrs E Batchler 01202 855945
- Whist (6.30pm until 10.30pm) - Mr D Cleaver 01202 575102
- Fitness League Exercise classes (9am until 1pm & 6pm until 10pm) - B Charman 01202 824654
- West Parley W.I. (second Thurs each month: 1 until 6pm) - Mrs S Willard 01202 873348
- Bournemouth Embroiderers Club (Monthly Meetings: 9am until 6pm) - Mrs F Lines 01202 778081
- Waggy Tails Dog Rescue (first Sat in month: 10 until 1pm) - Mrs Meredith 01202 875000