Parley Country Club
Parleys' Hidden Gem
It may surprise you to learn about West Parley's hidden gem, and it's been there since 1949
To book Parley Country Club for an event please contact 01202 573345 or 07528768262 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Running between the Curlew pub in Christchurch Road and West Parley Memorial Hall is Stocks Lane. At the end is a car park and clubhouse. To the left is a recreation area and new children's playground and to the right is a beautiful, huge level field edged with mature trees. This is home to Parley Sports Cricket & Football Club. If you do know Parley Sports, it is probably because a member of your family plays in one of the ten football teams or in one of the club's twenty-four or so cricket teams. You will also know that it offers much more than a clubhouse, which incidentally was opened by the famous cricket commentator John Arlott.
Parley Sports has excellent football and cricket pitches served by recently refurbished changing facilities; there is a bar with a varied menu offering evening meals plus Saturday morning breakfast; a spacious sports bar, function hall and pool room.
The age range of players is eight to veteran so it almost goes without saying that the club is child and family friendly. There's a weekly pool league, ladies' and men's darts leagues, plus a quiz night every other week and a winter meat draw.
All-in-all Parley Country Club offers local people an attractive sports and social venue. And you do not have to be an active player to join. Sit with a pint of real ale and a plate of food and soak up the atmosphere of your favourite sport on Sky TV. For the real thing, look out of the window. Cricket cup and league tournaments take place nearly every weekend and mid-week throughout the summer. In the colder months, football – with Parley Sport's teams vying in the Dorset Premier League, Bournemouth Youth Leagues and Bournemouth Premier League - will get the adrenaline going. Or you may just want to bring the family for a relaxing meal and enjoy the pleasant surroundings.
Upcoming Country Club Events
latest - Parley Country Club
- vote for Parley!! Help the Club win an extra £100,000, tell all your friends, it only takes a minute. . more
- every Thursday is Poker night - 7.30pm.
- every Friday is Club night, open from 4.30pm - Happy hour from 5pm to 6pm.
- Web 12th Mar Rock 'n Roll Bingo, the UK's fastest growing pub game, 7 - late, not sure what it is, ask the Club for details.
- Fri 28th Mar 80's Night. All night 80's music, fancy dress optional
- Fri 18th Apr Charity Fun Day. Organised by the Haemophilia Society, stalls, bouncy castles, BBQ etc
- Sat 19th Apr Childrens Easter Disco. Games & Prizes, the kitchen will be open, £2.00 for members children, £3 for non-members children, book early to avoid disappointment
- Sun 20th Apr Childrens Easter Egg Hunt, 10am - 11.30am. Find the magic word to claim your Easter Egg - everyone is a winner! Free to members children, £1 for non-members children
- download a membership form
The hall is available for public hire. Line dancing is held regularly, but if you want to hire it for a private function it's useful to know it accommodates 80 people - and if it's opened out, you can invite 250.
New members are welcome, and you can visit four times without being a member before making up your mind up. Find out what you are missing by calling into Parley Country Club today and discovering this hidden gem.
All enquiries 01202 573345.