St Mark's Church Hall
Bookings for this Hall to be made through Mr Frank Sizer 01202 893382.
Originally built as a dual purpose building for worship and social life on a site given by Lady Wimborne, the hall-church was dedicated by the Right Rev. Maurice Keys, Bishop of Sherborne on St. Mark's Day- 25 April 1957. Nineteen years later on St. Mark's Day the new church was dedicated by the Right Rev. Victor Pike, Bishop of Sherborne and the hall then became the focus for the wider pastoral and social needs of the parish.
main hall and stage
Today the hall complex consists of the main hall, incorporating a stage complete with sound system, full gas central heating and a fully equipped kitchen with serving hatch. Tables and chairs are stored in the annexe which houses storage cupboards for regular users and is accessed via sliding doors. The main entrance is via double doors into the foyer which houses male and female toilets plus a full width disabled toilet sufficient for wheelchair access including an alarm.
the small hall
The small hall is accessed via three steps (a ramp is available for wheelchair access) and has electric wall heaters. Children's tables and chairs are kept in here.
The whole site, church, hall and car park is a no smoking area and whilst such pastimes as Bridge are welcomed, gambling is not permitted. A comprehensive health and safety policy is in place. Fire extinguishers, gas and electric services are regularly inspected in compliance with legal requirements and guidelines. There is onsite parking, sufficient for 43 light vehicles, including 3 disabled parking bays.
The main hall and small hall may be hired at competitive rates from the Hall Bookings Manager - Mr. Frank Sizer 01202 893382.
Regular events in the Hall
- Baby Sensory Group (morning)
- Line Dancing (evening) - Mrs. Linda Brooks 01202 522382
- Painting Group (morning) - Mrs. J. White 01202 826894
- Mothers' Union (2nd Tue afternoon) - Mrs. J Waugh 01202 576497
- University of Third Age (afternoon) - Mr. DL Godfrey 01202 826015
- Ferndown South & West Parley Neighbourhood Watch - Mrs. G Schollar (sec) 01202 875457
- Dru Yoga (morning) - Mrs. C. McLaughlin 01202 777622
- Wessex Accordion Band (evening) - Mr. D. Luffingham 01258 473254
- Art Class (morning) - Aldo Galli 02380 336784
- Tai-Chi Assn. (morning) - Mr. M. Young 07710 141771
- Sequence Dance (evening) - Mrs. S. Ford 01202 573689